Thursday, October 1, 2009

Math(s) can be fun too

Day Eight of 'The Daily Post'.

Here's a little light relief for those of you struggling with your children's maths homework (you know who you are).

1) First find a calculator
2) Key in the first 3 digits of your phone number (forget the area code)

Ah, it's based on a US phone number, so for those of you reading this in the UK, or - who knows? - some far-flung exotic location, find a seven digit number, and for convenience, separate it into a group of 3 and 4 digits (if your birthday was May 13th 1965, you could use 135 1965 for example).

3) Multipy by 80
4) Add 1
5) Multiply by 250
6) Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
7) Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again
8) Subtract 250
9) Divide by 2.

Ta daa!

.

8 comments:

  1. What's the answer? I got 69907
    much love Martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! It took me two times, but it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Although being the dork that I am, I had to figure out why it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't face doing it, don't know where the calculator is - and I got an 'A' at Maths A-Level.... proof perhaps that I've slid a long way down the academic slope since I was 18.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I tried it, a couple of times, can't get it to work. That A grade is staring at me in despair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NFAH YOU HAVE TO TELL!!!!!!! In terms that we mere lawyers, classicists, linguists etc can understand!

    Love
    Josephine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. That's a bit spooky. I want to know who the saddo was who sat around and worked that all out.

    ReplyDelete