Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Liz Jones ha'p'orth

Well, Liz Jones has upset mummy bloggers. We are predictably up in arms and writing about it. Writing about ourselves in arms makes a change from writing about babes in arms, I suppose.

The point that I find offensive is this.

The title of the article is "Free? You blogging mums may as well wear burkas", and the concluding comments are

"Women have again been duped into thinking the world exists in their tiny, safe, fragrant homes, that life revolves around burps. 

They might just as well don a burka, and shuffle, so narrow is their vision."

Am I the only one who finds this racist? Or if not racist, then religionist? Is published racism now acceptable? (I don't read the Mail, so you may need to fill me in on this one).

I've said enough. It's my policy not to add to these blogging spats, but I felt I had to point out the angle on this one that other people seem to be missing.

.

3 comments:

  1. Agree - but then I suspect that the Daily Hate would print anything if they thought it might up their readership

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell you are back in England if you are writing about Liz Jones. And I agree, it is amazing the casual way in which people are permitted to be very rude about other religions and cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I have heard of Liz Jones?

    ReplyDelete