Thursday, April 26, 2012

BritMums Live ticket for sale at early bird price, and Garrison Keillor

I'm not going to make it to BritMums Live (sniff) in June, as we will still be here in the US, tidying up loose ends, saying our goodbyes, and packing. So, the ticket is up for sale. I've checked, and it's fully transferable at this point. And a TOTAL BARGAIN, because it's 49.99 GBPounds, instead of 69.99 GBPounds. I bought it at early bird price, and I will sell it at early bird price.

And speaking of bargains, we're all now totally confused over here at The Iota Quota. I thought TJMaxx was what it's called in England, and TKMaxx was what it's called in America - simple as that. But now your comments have really flumoxxed me.

And speaking of being flumoxxed, why does Blogger change its interface so often? I would like a bit more stability and familiarity from my blogging platform. So if you've read this far, you can:

(a) buy a BritMums Live BARGAIN ticket
(b) tell me what T?Maxx is called where you live
(c) share my pain about Blogger changing itself all the time, or
(d) leave a random piece of wisdom about life.

Oh... I forgot to tell you that I went to see Garrison Keillor at the theatre the other night. You thought I lived in a cultural desert, didn't you? Huh! Well, Garrison Keillor came - AND I heard Bruce Hornsby in concert three weeks ago. I've impressed you now, haven't I? Garrison Keillor was fabulous. He spoke for two hours, almost without pausing, and was very very funny. He is indisputably one of American's National Treasures, except they don't have them, but I could start a movement and nominate him to be among the first USANTs.


.

10 comments:

  1. TK Maxx in the UK. And oh no, I would have liked to meet you at BritMums. Can't share blogger pain. Haven't used it in a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ Maxx in Long Island....dont' worry I won't be at BritMums either (despite the fact that one of my good friends is helping Susanna and Jen organise it!). Blogger - yes, painful. Wisdom? I think Garrison Keillor probably provided you with some....

    ReplyDelete
  3. TK Maxx over here. Will you be publishing the results?! I'm going to Cybher but can't fork out for two conferences and associated travel costs etc, so I wasn't going anyway. Hopefully when you're back over here we'll all be able to see you at other blogging type events. Or whenever you're passing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what - my word isn't good enough eh? I drive past a TJ Max quite a bit you know.
    Anyway, I think your plans mean I won't see you at all this summer.
    Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TJ Maxx here, too. also, Marshalls.

    I have met Garrison Keillor. I have interviewed Garrison Keillor. What would you like to know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh noooooo!!!

    Knowledge is to know that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not to put in a fruit salad.

    Because you asked for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember listening to Prairie Hom Companion on NPR. I miss that.

    TK MAXX in the UK, i've been to their HQ, they are really nice people.

    We shall miss you at BritMums Live, I shall video the yoga session for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TK Maxx in Edinburgh... That's all you need to know, really.

    ReplyDelete