Friday, January 11, 2013

Name corruptions

Good to know that we're not the only family which has a ridiculous range of names for its dog. Thanks for your comments. Hector is also Hectorious, Hectoroo, What-the-Hec, and probably several others that have slipped my mind.

Over Christmas, and as a result of the influence of my sister, 8-yo got very interested in Strictly Come Dancing. She joined the "Can't Bear Bruce Forsyth" club, and was generally very taken with the glamour and glitz of it all. Hector played his part. She would pick him up, hold him tight, and whirl round the room with him, saying "This is Strictly Come Dogging! This is Strictly Come Dogging!"

Oh dear. Perhaps she'll have forgotten, by the time next season comes round.
.

3 comments:

  1. I hardly dare tell you ours: Bingo aka Bongy Bing, The Bong, Bingy Bong, fluff ball, Bingo Little of Oxford (named after Bingo Little of PG Wodehouse!)& what is even more worrying, is they are ALL my husband's endearments... Should I be worried that my children have no such nicknames/terms of endearment, diminutives etc??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We named our cat Bamboo, but we only hear that name when we go to the vet. To us he is 'Kitty Boy', KB, and kitty-kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to regret teaching my children the game of 'humping' - an irresistible entertainment involving jumping of mole hills.

    ReplyDelete