Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Guess what I've just done?

Oh alright then. I'll tell you.

I've just booked my ticket for BritMums Live! Even though I don't like that exclamation mark. Couldn't it just be BritMums Live please? I had to put that "please" in, because otherwise it looked like I'd replaced the exclamation mark with a question mark, though come to think of it BritMums Live? has a certain pleasing ironic tone to it. Anyway... whatever... I've booked. (And I have to add that I prefer the title to CyberMummy.)

Do you know who is responsible? My big brother. Yes. Charlesinparis. When we were in Chicago a few weeks ago, and he was generally looking after me and being fabulous, we got talking about blogging. And he said

"What on earth was all that about?"

And I said

"What?"

And he said

"All that [putting on a little girlie voice at this point and waggling head] Oh, I don't know if I'm going to go to the conference or not. We all KNEW you were going to go. Of course you were going to go."

I started protesting, because honestly, last time round, (and the time before, come to think of it), I really didn't know whether I wanted to go, but the more I used the word "honestly", or the word "really", the more he waggled his head and shrugged his shoulders and went all older brother-ish on me.

Maybe he had a point. Anyway, the net result is that this time, I've signed up super-early. So early that it's frankly a bit silly. I mean, I don't even know if we'll be in England next June. And there's no returning the ticket back to BritMums Live! if I turn out not to be (in England, I mean, not Live!... I certainly hope to be Live!) However, I can sell it on to someone else, and I'm hoping there's enough Goodwill Live! in the blogosphere that I'll be helped out and I won't be saddled with a ticket to an event I can't get to. I'm hoping.

It was the yoga session, and the promise of cake and wine, that finally tipped the balance for me. Oooh. I've just thought of a much better name for the event. CakeMums WineLive! Doesn't that sound more appealing? Really. Have the organisers got no marketing expertise at all?

.

14 comments:

  1. Well, if you're stuck, I'll go to CakeMums WineLive! for you ;-) Finally started a blog a few weeks ago, after months of pondering. Keep meaning to email you, will try and get on with it, hope all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased, and for the record I don't like the ! either (it was Jen's idea) No jokes about being Live! Please

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea what it is but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you don't want the ticket, and they're happy to have an American nonmum, then I'll go for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I'm not sure if I can spare two days at the moment and all the associated childcare and hotel costs. Plus I'm not sure where we'll be living or where I'll be working next year as we're hoping to move - if I can secure the sort of job I want. But hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you during your time over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll buy your ticket from you! Or rather: I'll buy you rticket from you.
    Might give me the impetus to go, knowing am doing you a favour. But wait, no, that means you wdn't be there if I was buying yr ticket from you, & that wd be horrid. Hmm........

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I still won't be going....got to spend 3 weeks in UK to renew visas in April, so no chance of another flight back in June. At this rate I'll be attending BritGrans live some time in the future....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've inspired me to look into it. I'm surprised they used an exclamation point - that doesn't sound very British (!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's becoming our annual get together isn't it? (Well, apart from the trip to Chicago, that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly! Well maybe I should then. Third time lucky and all that. Definitely won't be pregnant/have a newborn this time after all.

    Hmm. Makes me feel rather nervous frankly. Not sure why. Hey ho.

    Goes off to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NAMASTE!!! Sorry for shouting, but I am really looking forward to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah!!!! Very much looking forward to seeing you there. And remember the open invite to Essex... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd definitely sign up for Cakemums winelive! That sounds like an awesome conference :-)

    ReplyDelete