Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Competition

I'm going to run a competition. Why not?

I have one English friend here. When she went back to England for the summer, she asked me if there was anything I wanted her to buy me. It would have to be small, not fragile, not too heavy - easily transportable, in short. When I made my request, she said "oh yes, I was going to get some of that myself". Last week, a couple of days before I met up with her again, I saw the item in a health food shop, so I guess it's known over here, though not widely (and actually, it's not a food). I wonder if I've given you enough clues. Hm. I think I'd better tell you as well that it's two words, and begins with O (though you were expecting T, weren't you?). Too easy now...

No prizes, I'm afraid, except glory and smug feelings. I'll tell you the answer on Friday.

13 comments:

  1. I should really know this. I should REALLY know this. Damn. The pressure...

    Not a clue. But I promise to go buy some of whatever it is and see why it's so fabulous after you reveal the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not OxFam, but oxo cubes perhaps? But might that be classified as a food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oat cakes? I would never describe them as food!

    Mya x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still thinking and will not rest until I know the answer. Roll on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with Dee and Olbas Oil. I'm thinking it has to be some sort of oil as health food shops don't sell too many things that aren't officially classed as food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cunning and subtle, Iota. I'll not be able to rest until I know the answer to this one, especially since I'm always a sucker for glory and smugness, even when they continue to elude me. Not a food.... can't better olbas oil, am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can buy Olbas Oil in the health food stores here, so that can't be it. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oxo cubes? Neither health nor food I suspect. (Hey I'm back - reset the password again!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops - just realised I wasn't even the first to suggest oxo...

    ReplyDelete