Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dee and Des

Those of you who have kicked around for a while in my corner of the blogging world might remember Dee Parrot (pronounced like the French par-oh). If you want to know what Dee was all about, try saying her name out loud several times in a row. Dee Parrot. Not just Dee. Otherwise you'll just be sitting there going "dee dee dee dee dee dee" and feeling a little foolish.

Dee was my creation, along with her husband Des, but I have passed ownership of them over to Heather who blogs at Note from Lapland. Dee had been languishing silent and unloved in the blogosphere for over a year, and when Heather showed an interest, I unhesitatingly packed Dee off to her, complete with password, and said "Here is Dee. Do with her what you will." Heartless, I know. Dee deserved better, and I am pleased she is getting the kind of makeover she needed at Heather's hand. I couldn't resist writing for her, though.

So do head on over, and have a look.

7 comments:

  1. Aha - so that was you? You scoundrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was you! I honestly never would have guessed. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny. My current post is a bit similar and I swear I wasn't copying. Just great minds (and names) thinking alike once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous. I had no idea you had been doing this! Look forward to Heather's new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear from Dee again- I like the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may be tired. Have been sitting here for about ten minutes going "Dee Parrot, Dee Parrot, Dee Parrot, I don't get it, Dee Parrot, Dee Parrot.... (repeat).... oh!"

    As you say, feeling a little foolish.

    Des I got rather quicker though, I'm pleased to say.

    ReplyDelete